The site of this World War II battery is within a nature reserve recently created by the MOD. We were asked to carry out the survey to provide information for school parties visiting the site as part of projects on wartime.
The site overlooks Faslane and the Gareloch. Very little remains on the ground so most of the information derives from one aerial photograph taken in 1945. The dismantled gun battery and radar ramp are somewhere in the woodland which is fairly impenetrable and boggy and they could not be identified. The remains which were surveyed were the accommodation block bases and a stores/command building.
The survey director is Ann Bray