A survey of the Orry Mill in Eaglesham is currently being carried out by members for the Eaglesham Feuars Association.
This cotton spinning mill was one of three mills worked off the Kirkton Burn which flows through Eaglesham village.
Built in the 1790′s for Strang and Lennox of Glasgow, by the 1820′s it employed nearly 200 people and was powered by one of the largest water wheels in the country, over 15.0m in diameter.
It was burnt down in 1876 and is now in dense natural scrub and woodland and offering a challenge to the survey team of:
Susan Hunter, Janie Munro and Ian Marshall !